This is a Sd Kfz 251/3-IV Ausf. D. It was probably employed by the HQ of 19th Panzer Division. It broke through the ice while crossing the river and sunk during the retreat of German troops on January 17th 1945. It now is in running order and carries camouflage, markings and her old name "Rosi" as used during WW II.
It was recovered from the river Pilica in Brzustówka (now part of Tomaszów Mazowiecki) on 26 July 1996. It was found as it was left, damaged (rear part of the hull) but with full equipment: MG 42 machine gun, hand grenades and three radio sets.
In W&T nr 68 page 40 and Steelmasters Nr22 page 13 were pictures and brief reports. The photo showing part of a number; something 29 in white. It also had its nickname "Rosi", still readable.
From October 1996 to April 1997 it was undergoing restoration at Centrum-Głowno, and is now preserved in the museum in Tomaszów Mazowiecki.
Images and text: Marcin Rybak.