Field and test versions and variations
251/88 with 88mm KwK 43
A project only, but there are photo's of the use of it. The
armor is produced by Boehler/Kapfenberg. The overall construction
is similar to the 88.
armament: 9 cm PJK
Project only, but there are photo's of the use of it. The
armor is cut down to the bottom and extended directly up. A picture
shows two units.
equipment 10,5 cm l FHb 40
251/MG151/20 Aircraft turreted MG151
251 / Calliope rocket launcher
251 Cargo (Sd.Kfz. 11/1)
German Fire dept. auxiliary crane
Laffly 6x6 truck looking like a 251
251/R35 Renault R35 turret
T34 turret mock-up
Wooden Krupp L2H 251
A Russian unit converts a /C in 1943 to take an A-frame on
the nose. It is seen changing the engine of a T34. The body is
replaced with a canvas one.
Modifications can be divided in groups:
- Extra track links, and sheet-steel. Very common.
- Extra gun shield on the rear MG34 seen on a version C during the invasion of Greece.
- The low section of the right fender is closed with a lid on several photos. Most examples on C versions.
- On some /A and /B versions an extra stowage bin is seen on the fender.
- Strips and rings to strap equipment and/or foliage too.
Strip over the front part of both fenders crossing the front armor. C and D versions seen.
Improvements / re-enforcements
no index? |
last revised: October 9th 2008 |
Site map |